Ioana Suzana Trană
“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
Ioana Suzana Trană has graduated the Faculty of Law – “Babeş-Bolyai University” – class 2001.
Until 2012, her areas of practice have been legal advice and assistance in agricultural and energy law. Moreover, she has assisted investors in closing transactions related to the production and supply of renewable energy (Aeolian) in Romania.
At present, her practice areas are European law on the welfare of production animals and animal protection in general.
Her practice areas also cover environmental law and ecology matters.
She has a wealth of experience in real estate transactions, assisting investors for the purchase of farming land in Romania, and other real estate operations for major retail companies.
In 2012 she has obtained a master’s degree in Animal Law and Society, granted – Cum Laude – by the “Autonomous University of Barcelona” – Faculty of Law. In 2012 she started to work with the Faculty of Law – “Autonomous University of Barcelona” – carrying out academic research activities in matters related to animal protection.
Internship at the European Commission, Directorate General for Health and Consumers, Animal Welfare Unit.
Significant international conferences on animal protection to which she has attended:
- Minding Animals Preconference (Barcelona, 2011)
- Minding Animals Conference (Utrecht 2012)
- Animal Law and Ethics (Zurich, 2012)
- Enforcement of EU Animal Welfare related legislation (Vier Pfoten, Brussels 2012)
- Farm Animal Welfare Ethics and Public Policy’s (Leicester,2013), Peter Singer Conference
- Animal Liberation Philosophy and Future Prospects, Peter Singer Conference, Cluj-Napoca, 2013 (Organizer)